Skip to content Skip to Search
Skip navigation

MBC Group sets price range for IPO on Tadawul

The final price for MBC Group shares will be disclosed at the end of the book-building period on December 6 Unsplash.com
The final price for MBC Group shares will be disclosed at the end of the book-building period on December 6

Saudi Arabian media giant MBC Group is planning to raise as much as SAR831 million ($222 million) from the sale of a 10 percent stake on the Saudi stock exchange (Tadawul) after disclosing an indicative price range.

The price range was set between SAR23 ($6.13) and SAR25 per share, the company said in a statement, implying an equity value of between $2.04 billion and $2.22 billion.

The final price will be disclosed at the end of the book-building period on December 6.

The company will offer 33.25 million ordinary shares, representing 10 percent of its share capital.

The net proceeds will be used to repay outstanding loans, boost working capital, expenditure on content development for the video streaming platform “Shahid” and investment in new initiatives.

State-owned Al Istedamah Holding owns a 60 percent stake, while Waleed Al Ibrahim holds the remaining 40 percent.

Following the IPO, the current shareholders will collectively own 90 percent of the company’s share capital.

Established over 30 years ago, MBC is one the largest media and entertainment companies in the Middle East and North Africa region, with its content reaching over 150 million people every week. 

Latest articles

FILE PHOTO: United Arab Emirates Minister of State for Foreign Trade Thani Al Zeyoudi gestures during an interview with Reuters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, June 30, 2022. REUTERS/Abdel Hadi Ramahi/File Photo

UAE and Kenya complete Cepa negotiations

The UAE and Kenya have completed negotiations on a comprehensive economic partnership agreement (Cepa) between the two countries. It is the 12th Cepa deal secured by the UAE and its third in Africa, after agreements were signed last year with Mauritius and the Republic of the Congo (Congo-Brazzaville). “The UAE-Kenya Cepa will not only boost […]

Adnoc has bid for German polymer manufacturer Covestro but its offers €55 and €57 per share were rejected

Adnoc faces hurdles in completing ambitious European deals

Abu Dhabi state oil company Adnoc is facing challenges to a duo of major European deals it is trying to get over the finish line, according to media reports. Talks with Austrian energy group OMV have been put on hold to allow parties to navigate a series of disagreements, the Financial Times reported on Friday. […]

A worker at a phosphate production plant in Metlaoui, Tunisia. Phosphate accounts for 15% of Tunisia's exports

Saudi Arabia loans $55m for Tunisian rail renewal

Saudi Arabia has signed a $55 million loan deal with Tunisia to finance the renewal of the North African country’s rail network.  The railway is used to transport phosphate, a sector that makes up around 4 percent of Tunisia’s GDP and 15 percent of the country’s exports. Tunisia plans to produce eight million tonnes by […]

Visitors enjoy the Karnak Temples; the government hopes to entice 30 million tourists to Egypt a year by 2030 tourism egypt

Egypt tourism up 5% in early 2024 despite Gaza conflict

The number of tourists visiting Egypt increased by five percent year on year in the first 40 days of 2024, according to Egypt’s tourism minister, Ahmed Issa. The announcement came after reports in January that visitor numbers for the whole of 2023 reached a record high of 14.9 million, just shy of the 15 million […]