Skip to content Skip to Search
Skip navigation

DP World and Rosatom to develop new shipping route

DP World's collaboration with Rosatom aims to develop an additional trade route for maritime container shipping Wam
DP World's collaboration with Rosatom aims to develop an additional trade route for maritime container shipping

Global ports operator DP World and Russian state nuclear company Rosatom have established a joint venture (JV) to develop transit container shipping along the Northern Sea Route (NSR).

International Container Logistics was registered in Moscow this month according to Russian news agency Interfax, citing data in the Unified State Registry of Legal Entities. 

Rosatom Cargo owns 51 percent of the JV, while DP World Russia holds the remaining 49 percent stake.

The new venture has an equity capital of 960 million rubles ($10.28 million), with Alexei Levitsky named as general director.  

The collaboration aims to develop an additional trade route for maritime container shipping via the NSR, Rosatom said, adding that completing the design of the infrastructure facilities along the route and work schedule are among the immediate tasks.

In 2021, Rosatom and DP World signed an agreement to jointly develop and design pilot container ships for the Northern Maritime Transit Corridor project. 

The two companies signed an additional cooperation agreement during the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2023 for joint development of Euro-Asian transport logistics and container shipping along the NSR.

Latest articles

Investment app Sarwa had more than 180,000 registered users by the first quarter of 2023

Investment app Sarwa fined by Dubai and Abu Dhabi regulators

Investment platform Sarwa Digital Wealth has been fined AED1,151,000 ($313,500) by regulators in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for offering shares and securities without an approved prospectus. The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) said on Tuesday that it had imposed a penalty of AED701,815 on the fintech.  On the same day, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority […]

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said the pledge ' sets a precedent for global standards on AI safety'

UAE joins AI safety pledge at UK-South Korea summit

Two artificial intelligence companies from the UAE have signed up to a new AI safety pledge and have committed to safe development of the technology. Abu Dhabi’s Technology Innovation Institute and G42 are among 16 names on the safety pledge that also includes Amazon, Google, IBM, Meta, Microsoft, OpenAI and Samsung. The announcement was made […]

Turkey FAB Yapi Kredi

First Abu Dhabi Bank targets Turkish lender

One of Turkey’s largest corporations has confirmed it is in talks with First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) over the sale of a majority holding in the Istanbul-headquartered lender Yapı Kredi, the country’s fourth largest private bank in terms of assets.  A report by Reuters on May 21 said sources told it FAB was offering around […]

Bruno Le Maire said France was also ready to help the UAE develop its own nuclear power plants

France ‘open’ to UAE investing in its nuclear plants

The French government is open to the UAE investing in the country’s nuclear power sector, its economy minister has said. Bruno Le Maire spoke to journalists in Abu Dhabi ahead of talks with Sultan Al Jaber, the UAE minister of industry and advanced technology, and Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive of investment fund Mubadala and […]