Transport DP World and Rosatom to develop new shipping route By Pramod Kumar October 25, 2023 Wam DP World's collaboration with Rosatom aims to develop an additional trade route for maritime container shipping Global ports operator DP World and Russian state nuclear company Rosatom have established a joint venture (JV) to develop transit container shipping along the Northern Sea Route (NSR). International Container Logistics was registered in Moscow this month according to Russian news agency Interfax, citing data in the Unified State Registry of Legal Entities. Rosatom Cargo owns 51 percent of the JV, while DP World Russia holds the remaining 49 percent stake. DP World to invest $1bn to upgrade Tanzanian port Mena ports among world’s most efficient, says UN DP World to hire banks for 10-year debut green sukuk The new venture has an equity capital of 960 million rubles ($10.28 million), with Alexei Levitsky named as general director. The collaboration aims to develop an additional trade route for maritime container shipping via the NSR, Rosatom said, adding that completing the design of the infrastructure facilities along the route and work schedule are among the immediate tasks. In 2021, Rosatom and DP World signed an agreement to jointly develop and design pilot container ships for the Northern Maritime Transit Corridor project. The two companies signed an additional cooperation agreement during the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum 2023 for joint development of Euro-Asian transport logistics and container shipping along the NSR.